I LOVE popcorn. Seriously. I worked at a movie theater in high school and we got free popcorn everyday. You’d think that after I don’t know… A month? Two months? of eating popcorn CONSTANTLY, and movie popcorn at that… would turn me off of the stuff. No. No it did not. If anything it solidified my love, no OBSESSION. I can’t get enough of it. We make enough to easily feed a family of 5, I eat all of it. ALL. OF. IT. So. Now that I am older and married and can eat really whatever I want… versus the college years of ramen, mac and cheese, and microwave popcorn, I have upgraded. To the new and improved popcorn for pros. Okay. Not pros. But infinitely more enticing. Because it’s still POPCORN. But it’s not. Because it’s also deliciously new and exciting. Sweet or savory it’s a treat. This time we chose savory. And it was worth every unhealthy little bite.
Garlic Bread Popcorn
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary (optional)
- Pop popcorn in a air popper or on stove.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle butter over popcorn; stir to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and rosemary over popcorn; toss to coat.