If you’re ever in the mood for something simple yet DELICIOUS this is the dish for you. Lightly breaded, tossed with a light lemony sauce… Mmmm… And if you enjoy capers, which have NOTHING to do with fish or seafood, you will love this! Capers have a similar flavor to olives, so if you like olives you will love anything with capers!
Chicken with Lemon Caper Sauce
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 3 T. flour
- 2 T. butter
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. capers, drained
- 3 T. minced parsley
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to an even thickness. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper then dredge in flour.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 3-4 minutes on each side then remove and keep warm.
- Add broth, juice and capers to pan. Bring to boil, scraping pan to remove bits on bottom.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
*Alternative: Instead of pounding the chicken flat, simply cut into chunks before sprinkling with salt and pepper and dredging in flour. Cook chicken and prepare sauce the same way. Cook up some angel hair pasta and mix chicken, pasta, and sauce together.