I was recently in NY visiting my family and my mom and I started talking about how she should start blogging her recipes. She has some killer ones, man. So delicious. But now she’s eating healthy and is finding healthy foods that still taste good. So I convinced her to be a guest blogger on here. Although I will be the one to actually post them since she doesn’t know how to blog and doesn’t really have a desire to figure it all out :). So this will be blog post number one from my new guest poster, my mom!
“Strawberry season is just winding down here, so I thought this would be a good recipe to start with. Strawberries and lime make the perfect pair–kind of like the large museum guard girl and the caveman in “Night at Museum: Secret of the Tomb”. :)”
Strawberry-Lime Freezer Jam
- 2 cups crushed, fresh strawberries
- 4 cups sugar
- ½ tsp. Grated lime peel
- 2 T. lime juice
- 3 oz. liquid pectin
- Wash, drain, hull and crush berries; add sugar and lime peel, mixing thoroughly.
- Let mixture stand at room temperature ten minutes.
- Combine lime juice with liquid pectin; stir into fruit mixture. Continue stirring for 3 minutes.
- Pour into clean containers; cover with tight-fitting lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
*If jam does not set, refrigerate until it does.
**Fresh peaches or raspberries may be substituted for strawberries. Remove skins before crushing fruit.