This recipe is a bit luscious, but also a bit healthy because of the veggies that are in it. It’s a good one for the Summer time and all of the barbecues you get invited to. It’s especially good topped with chopped honey-roasted peanuts.
Hawks’ Cole Slaw
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded (or one bag of pre-cut cole slaw mix)
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 stalks celery, sliced diagonally into 1/4″ slices
- 1 red pepper, slivered full length as thin as you can cut, then cut in half so they are 2” x 1/8th”
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/4″ slices
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro or Italian Parsley
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- Mix all salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together then stir it into the salad ingredients right before serving.