Turkey Fajita Burgers
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¾ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/3 cup jarred salsa
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Whole-wheat tortillas or burger buns
- Mayonnaise mixed with a bit of Siracha
- Guacamole or sliced avocado
- In a bowl, gently mix together the seasonings, ground turkey and salsa. Form into burgers and grill, outside or in, on an oiled griddle. Keep warm.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the peppers, onion and garlic and cook till slightly softened.
- Warm the tortillas, spread with mayo and guacamole, add the burger, onion and pepper mixture, lettuce, salsa and any other desired toppings. Wrap and serve.