Russ absolutely LOVES this recipe. I was never a HUGE fan of hamburger helper so it’s not surprising that I have less of a craving for this dish. But it is quite tasty. And simple. And WAY better for you than that boxed junk they sell in stores. So try it out! You just might start craving this as much as my husband!
Turkey Bow Tie Skillet
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tsp. oil
- 3/4 c. celery, chopped
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 1.2 c. green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 2 c. bow-tie pasta, uncooked
- 1 can (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes
- 1 T. Vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 T. grated parmesan cheese
- Brown turkey in oil. Add celery, onion, peppers, and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth to the pan and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Reduce heat, stir in all but the cheese. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.