|Monday||Black Bean Burgers||mich|
|Tuesday||Parma Rosa Chicken and Pasta with a Lite Caesar Salad||just another jane of all trades|
|Wednesday||Hamburgers and Sweet Potato Fry’s||Russ|
|Thursday||THANKSGIVING||just another jane of all trades|
|Friday||Camp Fire up the mountain: Hot Dogs, Potato Salad, Chips||Russ|
|Saturday||Left over Turkey Sandwiches and Zuppa Tuscana||mich|
|Sunday||Turkey Pot Pie||kitchme|
Ruth's Seven Layer Salad
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, shredded
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 bag frozen peas
- 8-12 pieces bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- parmesan cheese
- 1/2 packet Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/3 c mayo
- 2/3 c sour cream
- Pull out a cake pan, whatever size you want! Put a layer of shredded lettuce, green onion, peas, bacon, celery, and lastly cauliflower. You will want to layer them in this specific order, it seems to work best this way!
- Mix together the ingredients in the dressing (this is specific!) and spread over the top of the cauliflower. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and serve!
Black Bean and Corn Burgers
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. oil
- 2 cans cooked black beans, rinsed and divided
- 1 ½ tsp. cumin powder
- ¼-½ tsp. smoked paprika, to taste
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Black pepper & red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 T. ketchup
- 2/3 cup quick oats
- ¾ cup frozen (or fresh) corn, defrosted
- Saute onion and garlic in oil till golden, soft and fragrant. Add 2 cups of the beans, cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt and peppers to taste. Stir till all is warm. Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Add the oats to the bowl of a processor and pulse a few times. Add the onion, garlic and bean mixture.
- Process until well combined but still has texture. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Add the last cup of beans and the corn and mix well. If the mixture is too mushy to form into patties, add a little more oats or bread crumbs.
- Shape into patties. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, flipping once through. Serve with the normal toppings.
|Monday||Kung Pao Chicken||gimme some oven|
|Tuesday||Cream Sauced Pasta with Veggies||Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book|
|Wednesday||Grilled Chicken and Salt Potatoes||Russ|
|Thursday||Turkey Fajita Burgers||Mich|
|Friday||Fried Avocado Tacos||The Truck Food Cookbook|
|Saturday||Mexican-Style Tomato Soup
Butternut Squash Veggie Sandwiches
|Oh My Veggies|
|Monday||Hearty Beef Stew and Salad||Mich|
|Tuesday||Vegetarian Taco Salad||My Mommy Style|
|Thursday||Spaghetti Squash Primavera||Lexi’s Clean Kitchen|
|Friday||BBQ Chicken and Roasted Veggies with Sweet Potato Fries||Russ|
|Sunday||Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken and Cauliflower Rice with Garlic Bread||Number 2 Pencil|
Fresh Vegetable Soup
- 2 T. oil
- 2 c chopped onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c chopped celery
- 2 c cut green beans (frozen work well)
- 1 ½ cups corn
- 1 c sliced carrot
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 4 cans (14.5 oz) beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2/3 c uncooked macaroni
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 c shredded green cabbage
- Salt, if needed
- ¾ tsp. pepper
- 1 c grated parmesan cheese
- Saute’ onion and garlic in large pan.
- Stir in celery and next 9 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 30 min.
- Add tomatoes, macaroni and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Add cabbage, salt and pepper; cook 5 min. or until cabbage wilts.
- Serve with cheese.
Rice & Quinoa Veggie Bowl with Lemon Chive Cod
- 1 cup sprouted rice & quinoa blend, cooked according to package directions
- 8 oz. fresh green beans
- 2 T. olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon, plus 1/4 cup fresh juice
- 1 T. chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 T. sesame seeds
- 4 small pieces of cod fillet
- salt and pepper
- olive oil spray
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add beans and cover pot. Reduce heat to medium-high and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain and run cold water over the beans until they have cooled somewhat. Cut beans in half crosswise.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 T. oil, lemon zest and juice, chives, mustard, honey and salt. In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice and quinoa blend, beans, carrots, tomatoes and sesame seeds. Add about 3/4 of the dressing and toss well. Divide among 4 bowls.
- Heat a non-skillet over medium heat. Spray with olive oil spray. Season the fish with salt and pepper then lightly brown on both sides until opaque in the thickest part, about 3-4 minutes per side. Top each bowl with fish and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Can be served over a bed of Spring lettuces, if you like.