Rice & Quinoa Veggie Bowl with Lemon Chive Cod
- 1 cup sprouted rice & quinoa blend, cooked according to package directions
- 8 oz. fresh green beans
- 2 T. olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon, plus 1/4 cup fresh juice
- 1 T. chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 T. sesame seeds
- 4 small pieces of cod fillet
- salt and pepper
- olive oil spray
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add beans and cover pot. Reduce heat to medium-high and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain and run cold water over the beans until they have cooled somewhat. Cut beans in half crosswise.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 T. oil, lemon zest and juice, chives, mustard, honey and salt. In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice and quinoa blend, beans, carrots, tomatoes and sesame seeds. Add about 3/4 of the dressing and toss well. Divide among 4 bowls.
- Heat a non-skillet over medium heat. Spray with olive oil spray. Season the fish with salt and pepper then lightly brown on both sides until opaque in the thickest part, about 3-4 minutes per side. Top each bowl with fish and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Can be served over a bed of Spring lettuces, if you like.