Black Bean and Corn Burgers
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. oil
- 2 cans cooked black beans, rinsed and divided
- 1 ½ tsp. cumin powder
- ¼-½ tsp. smoked paprika, to taste
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Black pepper & red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 T. ketchup
- 2/3 cup quick oats
- ¾ cup frozen (or fresh) corn, defrosted
- Saute onion and garlic in oil till golden, soft and fragrant. Add 2 cups of the beans, cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt and peppers to taste. Stir till all is warm. Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Add the oats to the bowl of a processor and pulse a few times. Add the onion, garlic and bean mixture.
- Process until well combined but still has texture. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Add the last cup of beans and the corn and mix well. If the mixture is too mushy to form into patties, add a little more oats or bread crumbs.
- Shape into patties. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, flipping once through. Serve with the normal toppings.