Double Lemon Delights
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. grated lemon peel, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4-5 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffly.
- Beat in the egg, 1 tbsp. lemon peel and vanilla until well blended.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture on low speed until well blended.
- Drop dough in 1 tbsp** dollops onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Dip the bottom of a clean glass into granulated sugar and use it to flatten the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool.
- Mix the powdered sugar, lemon juice and remaining lemon peel.
- Drizzle the lemon sugar mixture over the cookies.
**NOTE: You can make much larger cookies by using 1/4 cup of dough per cookie, spaced 3 in. apart. Baking time will be 12-14 minutes. This variation makes 1 dozen cookies. 🙂
*Picture from here