|Monday||Street Tacos||rainbow delicious|
|Tuesday||BBQ chicken and grilled veggies||Russ|
|Wednesday||Ground Beef and Green Beans||mich|
|Thursday||Black Bean Burgers||mich|
|Friday||Grilled Tilapia Bowls with Chipotle Avocado Crema||joyful healthy eats|
|Saturday||Smoky Slow Cooker Chili||mich|
|Sunday||Whole Wheat Pancakes and Green Eggs||king arthur flour, russ|
Ground Beef and Green Beans
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. water
- 1/3 cup broth
- 2 tsp. vinegar
- 1 T. oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. finely minced, fresh Ginger
- Mix all the sauce ingredients; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil for 30 seconds over high heat, add the green beans. Stir-fry the green beans for about 4 minutes—the beans should be tender-crisp and lightly charred in spots. Remove the green beans with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
- Add the ginger and garlic to pan, cook for 30 seconds, and then add the pepper flakes and beef, crumbling the meat with a spatula. Stir-fry the mixture just until the beef loses its pinkness.
- Drain off all the excess fat from the pan. Stir the reserved sauce once more, and add it to the meat. Cook the mixture, stirring it, for a few minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Fold in the reserved beans, heat for one minutes and serve with rice.
|Tuesday||Hamburgers with Roasted Veggies and Sweet Potato Fries||mich, skinny ms.|
|Wednesday||Chicken Posole and Salad||Cooks Country (Insert Feb/March) pg 6|
|Thursday||Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites and Salmon||our life tastes good, mich|
|Friday||Spaghetti and Salad||damn delicious|
|Saturday||Green Bean Salad with Feta and Refried Bean Nachos||Mexican by Marlena Spieler|
|Sunday||Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes||the pioneer woman|
They may not look like much, but with the rich dark chocolate, sweet white chocolate chunks, and a a hint of cinnamon, they are sooooo… well, dreamy. 🙂 Speaking of dreams, I never had nightmares about a calling before this one. It’s true. I have terrible dreams that revolve around conducting choir fairly regularly. I wonder if they will cease when I’m released or continue for the rest of my life. Hm. Only time will tell, for I have no clue when I will no longer be expected to stand in front of a group of people, who are much more musically inclined than I am, making an utter fool of myself. At least I have delicious cookies to console myself with at the end of the day 🙂 Enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Dreams
- 16 oz. bittersweet chocolate candy bars
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pkg (12 oz.) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate bars; place in a microwavable bowl with the butter.
- Microwave on High for 2 minutes; stir.
- Microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring after one minute. Continue until all chocolate is melted.
- Let chocolate cool to a lukewarm temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat at a high speed until thick and pale in color, about 6 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and beat in the cooled chocolate mixture until blended.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop batter by 1/3 cup dollops onto a greased cookie sheet, spacing 3 inches apart.
- Flatten dough with finger tips. (The dough is really sticky :))
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the surface of the cookie just begins to crack.
- Allow cookies to cool on tray for about 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack until fully cooled.
|Tuesday||Chicken Parmigiani with Pasta and Salad||the pioneer woman|
|Wednesday||Rosemary Steak Tips with Gorgonzola(Feta) Polenta||Cooks Country (Insert Feb/March)|
|Thursday||Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup||chef in training|
|Friday||Roasted Salmon with Broccoli and Red Potatoes||Cooks Country pg 29|
|Saturday||Grilled Cheese Tomato soup (put together pierogis)||Cooks Country (Insert Feb/March) pg 6|