They may not look like much, but with the rich dark chocolate, sweet white chocolate chunks, and a a hint of cinnamon, they are sooooo… well, dreamy. 🙂 Speaking of dreams, I never had nightmares about a calling before this one. It’s true. I have terrible dreams that revolve around conducting choir fairly regularly. I wonder if they will cease when I’m released or continue for the rest of my life. Hm. Only time will tell, for I have no clue when I will no longer be expected to stand in front of a group of people, who are much more musically inclined than I am, making an utter fool of myself. At least I have delicious cookies to console myself with at the end of the day 🙂 Enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Dreams
- 16 oz. bittersweet chocolate candy bars
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pkg (12 oz.) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate bars; place in a microwavable bowl with the butter.
- Microwave on High for 2 minutes; stir.
- Microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring after one minute. Continue until all chocolate is melted.
- Let chocolate cool to a lukewarm temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat at a high speed until thick and pale in color, about 6 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and beat in the cooled chocolate mixture until blended.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop batter by 1/3 cup dollops onto a greased cookie sheet, spacing 3 inches apart.
- Flatten dough with finger tips. (The dough is really sticky :))
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the surface of the cookie just begins to crack.
- Allow cookies to cool on tray for about 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack until fully cooled.