Sausage Bean Stew
- 2 T. oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) stewed Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Great Northern or Cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) corn
- 1 small can chopped green chiles
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- ½ lb. Kielbasa sausage, cut into small chunks
- Hot cooked rice
- Hot Sauce
- Grated cheese
- Saute’ onion, carrots, celery and garlic in the oil over med. heat until tender.
- Add the rest (except rice and cheese) and heat through over low heat.
- Serve over the rice with cheese and hot sauce on top.
- If it seems too dry, add chicken broth (or water with chicken bouillon).