|Monday||Spaghetti and Meatballs||Rachel Ray|
|Tuesday||Caesar Salad Wraps|
|Wednesday||Black Bean Burgers||The Pioneer Woman|
|Saturday||Pizza and Boneless Chicken Wings||BlogChef|
|Sunday||Chili and Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins||Rachel Ray|
Often times I want a quick simple meal or side dish but I want it to taste better that just the pre-packaged or boxed goods you can buy. So Russ and I will often take a boxed or pre-packaged food and enhance it. So this is definitely not a fancy way to make cornbread by any means but it sure does taste good!
Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
- 1 box cornbread mix (Our favorite is Jiff)
- 1 fresh jalapeño (or pickled if you prefer), sliced thinly*
- 3.4 c. shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for topping**
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners or coat with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare the box of cornbread according to the directions on the box. Add in cheese and jalapeño (if adding) and stir to combine.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins. Top with sliced jalapeño, using your fingertips to gently press the jalapeño into the batter. Sprinkle with cheese
- Follow the directions on the box of cornbread for baking time and cooling.
*for a spicier muffin chop up another jalapeño and add into the batter
**for a slightly different flavor you can do 1/2 c. parmesan cheese and 1.2 c. cheddar cheese