Mediterranean Tortellini Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1 lb tortellini
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/2 c. olives, sliced
- 1/2 a can of artichoke hearts, chopped
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
**optional: handful sliced mushrooms, handful chopped pepperoni, chopped spinach
- 1/3 c. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the tortellini according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, place the onions in a bowl of cold water to get rid of some of the bite. Drain after 5 minutes.
- When the tortellini is done cooking, toss together the onion slices, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, olives, feta cheese, other fillers, and tortellini.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, oregano, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Slowly pour in the olive oil and whisk to combine. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Pour the dressing over the tortellini salad and toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
adapted from: Joanne eats well with others